7 Reasons why Ginger water is good for you
Ginger water is a very tasty and also healthy drink. Drinking ginger water is recommended particularly during the winter period. The ginger root is a product known from ancient times. Thanks to its many good qualities, this root is widely used in the Asian countries.
The healthy properties of Ginger water
The ginger root is rich in antioxidants and therefore improves the regenerative capacity of the body’s cells and the detoxification of the body.
It improves blood circulation, improves metabolism and helps break down fat in the body. The ginger root strengthens the immune system and it is highly antibacterial. According to Ayurveda, the ginger root improves digestion. The ginger root is rich in vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, potassium, magnesium and zinc.
Drinking ginger water is very good for the winter if your immune system can use a boost. Also in the summer, it is a drink that is delicious, refreshing and very healthy.
7 reasons to use Ginger water
- Improves blood circulation and helps to regulate cholesterol.
- Improves digestion.
- Controls water retention in the body.
- Strengthens the immune system – it helps against coughing and sore throat, good for flu and all kinds of infections.
- Helps to relieve joint pain due to its anti-inflammatory qualities.
- Help with muscle cramps.
- Helps prevent premature aging by neutralizing the action of the free radical on the skin. That is thanks to the antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that the ginger root contains.
How do you prepare ginger water to preserve its all good qualities?
Take 5 cm ginger root, wash it well and cut into very thin strips or slices. Pour 1/2 liter boiled water into a glass jar, put a lid on top and leave it for 1/2 hour. If you let it cook instead, some good elements of the ginger will be lost. When it has cooled down a bit, add some lemon or lime juice. You may also add some lemon slices and a bit of honey if you wish.
You can drink the ginger water warm as a tea or put it to cool into the fridge and drink it cold with some ice cubes.
How do you use this drink?
It is best to drink the ginger water in the morning after eating and not on an empty stomach. That is to prevent possible irritation of the stomach.
- The ginger water is not suitable for people with gut and stomach problems, such as stomach ulcer for example.
- Do not use ginger water in diabetes.
- Do not use ginger water in case of fever due to its heating effect.
- It is not suitable for children and pregnant women.
- Not suitable for people with high blood pressure.
So, there is a bunch of beneficial properties of ginger water. Are there any other benefits of ginger root that you know?
And now knowing how useful it is for your body, enjoy this tasty drink today!